There was an explosion in the development of new golf courses following the 2002 Winter Olympics. Fourteen years later these courses have matured and are ready for challenging play in picturesque settings. Here are 9 compelling reasons you should consider playing golf in Park City:
- Number of Courses in the Area – There are 15 golf courses in the Park City area, many of which were designed by the game’s best course architects including Jack Nicklaus (Red Ledges) Pete Dye and Nicklaus (Promotory), Tom Fazio (Glenwild), Rees Jones (Victory Ranch) and Gene Bates (Soldier Hollow and Canyons Resort).
- Course Diversity – Play on links, mountain, and lake courses.
- Excellent Value – Seven of the fifteen courses in the Park City area are well-maintained public courses providing great value. The private courses in the area are also very affordable compared to golf courses of similar prestige and quality in other golfing destinations.
- Backdrop – The holes on every course in Park City are framed by mountains, lush vegetation, and scenic views.
- Wildlife – Golfers often spot deer, turkey, foxes, and many birds during their rounds.
- Summer Weather – Summer days in Park City and Heber Valley are dominated by blue skies with high whispy clouds. Temperatures are very comfortable for golf throughout the day.
- Offseason Lodging Prices – Summer is the offseason for Park City lodging and your chance to stay in high end lodging at great prices.
- Park City Night Life – The Zagat rated restaurants and bars on Main Street offer many dining and night life options.
- Other Summer Activities – Skiing and snowboarding dominate Park City in the winter but summer’s choices are much more eclectic. Biking, hiking, and fishing are popular for the active. Those just looking to unwind enjoy the many art galleries, museums, and shopping options.
Check out photos of this Abode property just a few blocks away from the Park City Golf Club. The ideal headquarters for your golf getaway.
Unwind and relax in the entertainment room between rounds.
The open layout make the kitchen the place to socialize.
Recover from your rounds in the hot tub on the patio.
With 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms this place will comfortably fit your entire party.
Park City is not just a winter destination.
Just in case the pictures weren’t enough and you needed more convincing, here are some of the features again:
- Open living area
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
- Comfortably fits 14 people
- Walk to dining and shops
- Breathtaking views of the snowy mountains.
- 1.2 miles to Park City Golf Club
- On the free bus line