THERE IS NO TIME BETTER THAN THIS SUMMER TO TAKE A VACATION TO AN OUTDOORSY DESTINATION.
Before COVID hit, you may have been planning on taking an active nature-filled vacation to the mountains when our worlds got turned upside down. We were all doing our part of trying to contain this virus by staying at home and indoors. As our country begins to open up and we continue to social distance, spending time outdoors is our go-to savior!
We’d like to welcome you back to our mountain towns as our nearby nature here in Park City and Jackson Hole is open for your sun-seeking fresh air pleasure. We are so lucky to be part of mountain towns that have spectacular access to wide-open spaces. Teton and Yellowstone National Parks are officially open (in a limited capacity) for summertime exploration.
Eager to leave your homes? Come explore Park City and Jackson’s beautiful landscapes. Head out into our wilderness for hiking, biking, fishing. During your stay at an Abode property, we can help you book a guide to get you out past the crowds.
Recreating outdoors can contribute to general good health and therefore to a healthy immune system. A study conducted by Georgetown University Medical Center acknowledges the role sunlight plays in vitamin D production, but also found another surprising benefit: “Sunlight directly activates key immune cells by increasing their movement,” according to one of the researchers. T cells—a type of white blood cell crucial for immune response, were found to be more mobile after test subjects were exposed to sunlight.
And simply spending time outdoors has been associated with a range of health benefits, from lower incidence of diabetes, decreased blood pressure, less stress to an increase in physical activity, happiness, and relaxation. It may even lower your risk of a heart attack.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO GET OUTSIDE AND RECREATE IN PARK CITY AND JACKSON HOLE:
- Go for a hike around Round Valley or Park City Mountain.
- Head out with Park City Fly Fishing Guides on an excursion to the Weber or Provo River to spend a day on the water.
- Learn how to Mountain Bike with White Pine Touring
- Follow the Willow Creek Trail and find the outdoor fitness equipment along the way
- Rent a SUP at Jordanell State Park or at the Deer Valley Pond with Park City SUP
- Enjoy a cocktail at one of the many Main Street restaurants that now have outdoor parklets: 501 Main, Flannagan’s, Shabu, Crystal Park Cantina, Eating Establishment.
- Get wet with Jackson Hole Whitewater Rafting on the Snake River Canyon
- Hike to Goodwin Lake.
- Join a guided Fly Fishing trip with Grand Fishing Adventures for some Snake River Fine Spotted Cutthroat
- Head out on a mountain bike ride to Cache Game Creek and rent bikes from Hoback Sports
- Set up camp at Jackson Lake.
- SUP on String Lake. You can rent boards from Teton Village Sports in Teton Village.
- Trail Running at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Ride the Gondola (Open Daily from 9-5) at JHMR and grab lunch and cocktail overlooking the beautiful scenery all around you.
As you can see, nature is open for business and summer is upon us. Come make some memories with Abode!
Most people associate Park City with skiing, but there’s more to do here than just hit the slopes. We love to point visitors to our Park City condo rentals to some of the town’s best restaurants, shopping, and nightlife options. We also encourage our guests to visit Park City during one of the town’s major festivals.
There’s always something going on in Park City. Whether you’re an arts afficionado, a foodie, a wine connossieur, or an outdoor lover, you’ll find an event you’ll love in Park City. Here are three of our favorites:
1) The Kimball Arts Festival is one of the three largest arts festivals in the country. This year it will be held on August 1 – 3 on Park City’s historic Main Street. More than 200 artists will participate in the juried competition and the festival’s more than 45,000 visitors will be entertained by 30 live bands. The event also features three wine and beer gardens and a Kid’s Korner. Be sure to make it on opening night to bid in the auction!
2) The Park City Food and Wine Classic will be held on June 9 – 13. More than 100 culinary professionals, wineries, and breweries descend on Park City to share their latest food and beverage innovations. There’s something for everyone, regardless of whether you’re a hardcore foodie or just someone who enjoys to eat, drink, and party. Many events sell out quickly, so we highly encourage our guests in our Park City and Deer Valley condo rentals to buy tickets in advance.
3) The St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights concert series isn’t just one event – it’s nine! The concerts are held at the Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Outdoor Ampitheater. The shows go on rain or shine! This year, Park City will welcome acts like The Bacon Brothers, Dierks Bentley, Five for Fighting, and Vince Gill. These shows sell out quick, so get your tickets in advance!
We know our guests primarily come to Park City to ski, but there’s plenty to do the whole year round. We encourage visitors to join us in the summer to take in these wonderful events along with the natural beauty that Park City has to offer.
Summers in Park City are often overlooked…sometimes the locals prefer it that way…but let us here at abode Park City be the ones to share the secret – DON’T MISS OUT ON PARK CITY SUMMERS!
There are tons of reasons to come visit Park City and Deer Valley in June, July and August. The outdoor activities available are endless. If you’re interested in mountain biking, hiking, paddle boarding, road biking, camping, or just spending some time in the sun with no humidity and a perfect breeze…well Park City is about ideal as you can get.
One of our favorite things about summer in Park City is the Deer Valley Summer Concert Series. The Deer Valley Concert Series is held outside at the Snow Park area of Deer Valley in a concert shell that is put up every summer at the base of the mountain.
Concert goers can choose to:
1) bring their own blankets and picnic supplies (wine and cheese) and sit with friends and family on the lawn to watch the show or
2) buy the fancy seats up front where lawn chairs are provided and you get a closer look at the performers.
Either way these concerts are a wonderful experience for a date, a family outing, a girls night out or a vacation treat.
The performers that the Park City Performing Arts team brings in are top notch and I have never once been disappointed at one of these shows.
This year the lineup includes:
July 4th – Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Alejandro Escovedo
July 25th – Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers, Railroad Earth
July 30th – Natalie Maines
August 4th – Darlene Love and Muscle Shoals Live
August 17th – Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
August 24th – Jewel
August 31st – One Republic, Sara Barielles, Churchhill
abode at Arrowood is a spectacular option for someone looking to visit Park City and Deer Valley in the summer…especially if you are planning on taking in one of the Deer Valley Summer Concert Series shows! This perfectly placed unit sits within a ten minute walk to the base of Deer Valley. If you’re looking for luxury Deer Valley lodging this is the rental for you. Stave off a boring summer – call us to book this unit and plan your summer luxury relaxation now.
You can checkout the Park City Performing Arts website by clicking here or you can feel free to call us at 435-565-1555 to inquire about a great summer rental property and we’ll gladly assist you in planning your trip.